TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Gallo Effect Giveaway 2021
TASTY GALLOS – Gallo Effect Giveaways – TERMS AND CONDITIONS – June 2021
- 1. Participation in this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Rules”).
- 2. Participants are encouraged to review the Rules before entering the Competition and acknowledge that they been given an appropriate opportunity to do so and that they understand and accept these Rules.
- 3. This competition is operated by Tasty Gallos (South Africa) Pty Ltd in conjunction with all the Franchised/Head-Office operated stores.
- 4. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Rules and Participants agree to abide by these Rules.
- By participating in this Competition, Participants agree to the rules set out below.
This Competition is limited to legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa. In addition, the following people shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition:
- 1. Directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of the Promoters.
- 2. People who are not legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- 3. Spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons specified above.
- 4. Persons under the age of 18 years.
- The Competition shall commence on 23rd June 2021 and will end on 15th August 2021. No entries received after 15th August 2021 will be considered.
4.1. To participate in this Competition, Participants are required to purchase any 1 item or more from the Tasty Gallos Menu (drinks excluded) and;
4.1.1. The Participants must video their ‘Gallo Effect’ after eating their purchased item(s) and post it on any 1 of the 3 platforms (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) with the Hashtags #GalloEffect #TastyGallos and tag Tasty Gallos official pages as stated below :
Facebook : Tasty.Gallos
Instagram : Tasty.Gallos
Twitter : TastyGallosSA
4.1.2 The Participants do not have to video their ‘Gallo Effect’ at the store ( it can be at any place of comfort )
4.1.3 the ‘Gallo Effect’ explained , the idea is that our food is so Tasty that it makes our customers experience the urge to dance or express their happiness. Each Participants will have the opportunity to express their creativity of their ‘Gallo Effect’
4.1.4 The Participants are required to keep their Tasty Gallos slip (proof of purchase of the food item) until the competition ends as it will be required.
4.1.5 The potential prize winners will be selected based on one or more of the below criteria :
- The Prizes
Unit Value (approximate) :
Total Value (approximate) :
Cash Prize R5000
R 5 000.00
R 5 000
R500 Gallo Vouchers
R 1 000
30 Gallo Burgers
R 4 485
100 Gallo Burgers
R 2 990.00
R 2 990
R 1 615.63
R 12 925
4 Cases of 300ml Cokes
R 3 600
R 30 000
- How to claim your prize:
- 1. At the time that a potential prize winner is identified, the potential prize winner will receive a telephone call from a representative of the Promoters at which point he/she may be required to answer a few questions regarding his/her eligibility.
- 2. If a potential prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- 3. If the Promotors are unable to reach any of the potential prize winners after 3 (three) attempts made within 3 (three) working days of their name being drawn, for whatsoever reason, including incorrect telephone numbers or inoperative telephone numbers, such winner will be disqualified and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- 4. Eligible winners prizes will be required to collect their prize from the respective store that announced them as the potential winner.
- 1. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 2. The Promoters may require the winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Rules.
- 3. The Promoters may require the winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Rules. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these Rules, he/she will automatically be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Winners may also be required to sign acceptance of prizes and indemnity documents.
- 4. The prize is not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted (unless the prize is cash itself) . The prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize winner.
- 5. The Promoters reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for whatever reason.
- 6. By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoters and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
- 8. Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. Participants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Participants that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoters.
- 9. Nothing in these Rules is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
- 10. All Participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Rules, the Participants give consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoters, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any of the Promoters.
- 11. The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate the Participants, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by the Participant to use the prize in part or at all; (b) the lack of quality or any other aspect of any service which is or should be provided at any venue(s) in relation to the prize; or (c) any personal loss or injury occurring at any venue(s) arising, directly or indirectly, out of the use of the prize.
- 12. The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the Promoters themselves.
- 13. The Promoters reserve the right to terminate or extend the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination or extension, all Participants agree to waive (give up) any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- 14. By entering the Competition, Participants acknowledge that the Promotion will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize to the Participant. Should any Participant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
- 15. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Rules, the Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone suspend or cancel this Competition, the Rules and any prize (which has not yet been allocated), or any aspect thereof, without notice at anytime, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary. At the end of the Competition for whatsoever reason, all of the Promoters’ obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall cease to exist.
- 17. These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any Participant and Tasty Gallos consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa.
- 18 For further information or enquiries please email our consumer services at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.